|!||This article contains spoilers. Read at your own risk.||!|
Dork Diaries: Tales from a Not-So-Secret Crush Catastrophe is the upcoming 12th installment of the Dork Diaries franchise. According to Amazon.com, it will be released this fall, on October 17, 2017.
"The drama continues as Nikki tries to figure out how she’s going to spend her summer. Things get even more complicated when she starts to hang out with a cute guy who’s a visiting student. Will this new friendship ruin her relationship with her best friends, Chloe and Zoey, and her crush, Brandon?!"
"In Nikki Maxwell’s newest diary, it’s the countdown to the end of the school year, and Nikki’s juggling some big questions about how she’ll spend her summer. She’s also facing an unexpected crush catastrophe—there’s a new kid interested in Nikki, but the last thing she wants to do is accidentally hurt Brandon! It all comes down to a big decision Nikki has to make, and drama like she’s never faced before!"
- May take place during last weeks of school and into the summer
- May be the last installment of the Dork Diaries book series
- May also be the book where both characters, Nikki Maxwell, and Brandon Roberts, profess their feelings towards one another.
- New character, hence Nikki's "new crush", may appear
- Nikki may have to choose between new kid and Brandon