|!||This article contains spoilers. Read at your own risk!||!|
|“||"Hey! Carrot-flavored boogers! Let's give them to Mackenzie so she can sprinkle them over her tofu salad as a low carb topping. In the Clique series, those girls are forever doing evil stuff like that to their frenemies!"||”|
– Chloe Garcia
Chloe Christina Garcia is Nikki’s boy-crazy BFF, partner in crime and amateur romance expert. She’s sweet, girly, really sensitive and loves to read all of the latest romance novels.
Chloe is very protective of Nikki and Zoey and always has her back when the going gets tough. She can bring a big smile to Nikki’s face with a group hug or by flashing her “jazz hands.”
Chloe is an avid reader and loves young adult romances. She is a self-proclaimed expert on guys and dating and she is having luck with her own love life. She works in the library as a helper with Nikki and another one of her best friends, Zoey Franklin. Her parents own a software company. She is the 4th most unpopular girl at Westchester Country Day according to Nikkis self-made list.
Chloe is vivacious, sweet, and loyal to Nikki and Zoey. She loves them and they eat together frequently at lunch during school. She is more bubbly than her friends and relates to Brianna, Nikki's younger sister better.
She is a cheerful, optimistic, yet childish girl. She likes to do jazz hands when she is elated. Recently, Chloe has become more self-conscious about her looks due to her new braces.
Chloe has straight long hair. She is Latina with black hair and most likely brown eyes. She sometimes wears her hair in a ponytail and is fond of wearing tank tops, turtleneck sweaters in the winter, cute skirts, and denim with stripes. It is not certain what eye color she has, although it is inferred she has brown eyes because of her ethnicity. She is a Latina (evident because of her last name). In the ninth book, she gets braces with purple brackets and hot pink wires. It is also mentioned that she wears lip gloss.
Chloe's family has been barely touched on the series, but it was mentioned on this blog that she lives near Nikki. In the 3½ book, How to Dork Your Diary reveals that she has a little brother named Joey Garcia, who never actually appeared in the book, but was mentioned. Her mother and her Uncle Carlos made a minor appearance in Dork Diaries: Tales from a Not-So-Perfect Pet Sitter.
Chloe's romance has been mentioned in the series. She shared with Nikki she had a crush on CCP Ryan Crenshaw. They danced in Tales From a Not-So Popular Party Girl, but her heart was broken when Ryan asked a cheerleader to the Halloween dance MacKenzie then tricks her into joining her dance group by saying that Ryan wanted to dance with her.
In Tales From a Not-So-Happy Heartbreaker, Chloe asks Marcus to the Sweetheart Dance, admitting she "got over her crush on Ryan". They held hands, slow-danced and may have even kissed at the Sweetheart dance. She also thinks Max Crumbly is very cute along with Marcy and Zoey.
- Chloe sometimes wears glasses. So far, she has only wore them in Dork Diaries: OMG! All About Me Diary!
- She owns 983 books and has read most of them twice. She works in the library and was the first one to apply (most likely because she loves reading books).
- She went to a special Taylor Swift concert with Zoey.
- Chloe is the one who always ships Nikki and Brandon.
- She freaks out when she doesn't get the grade that she wants on assignments.
- Chloe is an excellent dancer.
- In Dork Diaries: Tales from a Not-So-Perfect Pet Sitter, she tried to fake a painful moan, but instead she was making farm animal noises.
- She may have a possible crush on Max Crumbly.
- Chloe is known to have a shorter temper than her friends.
- Chloe went to the Sweetheart Dance with Marcus.
- Chloe has a rough temperament.