|!||This article contains spoilers. Read at your own risk.||!|
Dork Diaries: Tales from a Not-So-Glam TV Star, also known as TV Star, is the seventh book in the Dork Diaries series. It was released on June 3, 2014. In this book, Nikki gets an opportunity to have her own, centered, television show.
Nikki is juggling a lot this month. A reality TV crew is following Nikki and her friends as they record their hit song together, plus there are voice lessons, karate practice and family problems. Nikki’s sure she can handle everything, but will all the excitement cause new problems for Nikki and Brandon, now that cameras are everywhere Nikki goes? In the book, Nikki also joins a karate class, which has a karate teacher who is rather mean to the class and eats the entire lessons.
- It is hinted that Nikki becomes more shallow as the book progresses but soon realizes that when she hurts Brandon's feelings.
- She, Chloe and Zoey get the Most Improved Yellow Belt in Karate.
- Her band will perform in concerts this summer.
- Brandon Roberts makes the first move on Nikki Maxwell.
- Nikki and Brandon attempt to kiss at the Sweetheart Dance, but are interrupted by Mackenzie.
- However, they do kiss at the end of the book.